Transfer Student Information and Resources
Cross-enrollment permits undergraduate students who meet the below eligibility criteria and are currently enrolled in any California Community College, California State University or University of California school, to enroll in CalTeach’s two-course foundational sequence that provides an introduction to math and science teaching (PS 5 and PS 105) which provides 50 hours of fieldwork in a high-need school. This sequence provides students a "low-risk" opportunity to explore a teaching career early on as undergraduates and gain exposure to the CalTeach program and UCI's campus. We will provide community college students with a $150 stipend to pay for cross-enrollment fees and UCI parking.
Students who seek to enroll through this program must be certified by their home campus that they have met all of the following requirements:
- Completed at least one term at the home campus as a matriculated student.
- Enrolled in at least six units at the home campus during the current term through which they are applying for Cross-Enrollment.
- Earned a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (Grade of C) for work completed.
- Paid the appropriate tuition and fees at the home campus for the current term.
- Meet California residency requirements as determined by your home campus.
- Completed the appropriate academic preparation as determined by the host campus.
- Arrange for academic advising
Contact the UCI CalTeach counselor at email@example.com for assistance with the process and to confirm that this is the right option for you.
- Obtain certification of eligibility requirements from your home campus Registrar and submit to UCI Division of Continuing Education (DCE) Student Services.
Complete the student portion and course information section of the Cross-Enrollment Application form and submit this to the Registrar of your home campus. If your home campus Registrar is closed to in-person activity due to COVID-19, please contact their office to request review and certification through electronic means, such as email.
If you application is approved by email, please ensure you provide our office their email of approval, complete with the office contact information and signature line. You may submit this to DCE Student Services by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Cross Enrollment”.
- Apply for approval from UCI.
Complete and submit the Concurrent & Cross Enrollment Form. (Fall 2020 Concurrent Enrollment requests will be accepted beginning Monday, September 28, 2020. Requests are due by 4:00pm PST on Wednesday, October 14, 2020)
- If your request is approved, you will receive your DCE I.D. number and information regarding your UCI email address (UCInetID).
For more information please visit here.